End of week two and the high poly is finally where i want it, i spent a lot of this week polishing the hard surface and refining the design, i bulked out the physique to make him look more intimidating. On the Tuesday i received critique from my tutor emma to adjust the legs, because he was off balance, which i adjusted.





I definitely got the hang of hard surface modelling over this week, and i think i should talked about how i do it, seeing as i what i did mostly this week. I begin by blocking out the shapes and design of my armour, using then  brushes clay brush, hpolish and dam standard. Once the rough is complete i move on to properly making it hard surface, i do this but masking out the shape and detaching from the model. I then insert a subtool of a zsphere, from this i then select the topology tool and hit select edit topology, this turns the zshpere into a retopology setting, and you retopo the object you detached earlier. i then hit make adaptive skin and it becomes a subtool. I then sub divide the object several times, the first few without smoothing and then a few with smoothing, then finally do a last hpolish. That is a very quick explanation of how i do hard surface in zbrush. I am glad i took the time to learn how to do this, as i gives me a good idea of whats achievable for my FMP, as i will most likely be doing some hard surface in that.


Back to the crit I received, My tutor Craig helped me design some siren headlights for the character, he came up with a good idea for the position, which really helped push the silhouette and made my character look a lot more intimidating. I feel fairly pleased with the design at this stage.  I made a good start into the lowpoly on Friday and plan to have it finished by tomorrow (saturday).


I need to then unwrap, pack and texture, i think i fell a bit behind on this project, so plan to use this weekend to catch up.