At the end of second week I have made a lot of progress on my character and the textures, and i feel like I'm in a good position in my project to give it a lot of polish to the project. So I started this week by retopologizing my high poly I really tried to take my time with this stage and do my best to keep all the topology really clean.


Overall I think really taking my time with the low poly helped me later on when baking so that the little tris I had could support the baked down sculpt.

I then moved on to unwrapping my low poly again I did my best to take my time with this stage, the reason I tried to nail my sculpt so early was so that I could spend more time getting these stages better.

Once unwrapped I moved on to baking out the information into a albedo that I can then paint onto, This is the stage that i messed up on in the aviator project, I have now learnt about the magic of baking out a world space normal map also called a bent normal.

This allows me to then select the green channel from it and put it on a multiply layer over my AO which give me all the information i would want from a bake for a character that have no normals.



From this stage I then got my colour groups down, i did this by using gradient maps on the sections I wanted a certain colour. Gradient maps are really good for quickly colouring gray scale work and I recommend using them.

From this stage a large amount of the work is done for me all i have to do now is tidy up the texture and make them look more like world of Warcraft's art style. During this stage I got some helpful advice form one of my tutors about reflective colours which when apllied made my work look so much better, when there is really strong colours like the reds and blues you can see that coulor bounce off areas close to it as you can see in the image below to red from the necklace reflect onto the hair, I tried to apply this to all of my model.



This is roughly where I am at right now, next week will be polishing even more and make a base for my model.