I began the 2nd week by blocking out all my characters in zbrush, my thinking behind this was that I didn't want to just focus on one character for three weeks and forget about the rest, and then realise the design don't work well together. They are going to be seen as a band not individual characters so it's very important they work as a group. A  friend of mine asked a industry character artist ' Rachel Cox' if blocking out the characters was a good idea, and she recommended it.

I began with the guitarist, because I was pretty confident in his design and I was confident I could block him out fairly quickly.


I was pretty happy with the outcome, I spent roughly a day on each character.




The process for these characters was to quickly get the shapes and forms, then throw them into Marvellous Designer to block out the clothes. Now that I have completed this stage, I have an idea of the final outcome, even though I know the design will change a lot during, the actual modelling stage.