This week marks the beginning of creating my first character. I decided to Begin with the drummer, I was least confident in this character, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with her during the concepts and the block out stages, so I knew I needed more work on her. I began by working into the anatomy, my aim was to get it looking believable.


With the front of the torso I added forms and prominent bones that don't exists to get it looking more alien. Even though major parts are obviously made up I wanted them read as at least kind of real.
After I had refined the anatomy I then went on to the clothing. I looked at a lot of ref, I ended up basing a lot of the upper clothing design off one image of Keith Richard.

I tried to replicate this in my clothing, but with my own tweaks and ideas for the character. 

the face took the most time to figure out, I ended sticking with my original block out, with small edits here and there.
I also started thinking about hair early on I really want to nail hair during my FMP i have been really inspired a character artist and alumni of my course 'Blair Armitage' her results are beautiful, and I'm hoping and can get close to that with my project

My tutor/ Supervisor for my fmp, Craig Mooney has told me of the tutorial she followed http://www.3dartistonline.com/news/2015/04/how-do-i-create-real-time-hair-for-games/ He also mentioned that she might be creating some tutorial stuff in the future about how she gets her specific results. Overall its been a pretty good start to my first character, I'm hoping to have the highpoly done in the next few stages, so hopefully my next blog post will be on my retopo and unwrapping. This is my characters current stage.