I spent all of this week on the retopology this stage took longer than i was expecting but i'm happy with the final results. I feel giving this stages a lot of attention means i have a solid lowpoly with the correct geometry to support my highpoly. I went back to my highpoly every so often during this week to fine tune it.


I began on the monday with my character's shoes, having spent a decent amount of time on the high poly for the shoes, I wanted the lowpoly to be just as good, because if they really looked good I could present them as there own assets in my portfoilio.

The shoes took a lot longer than the rest of the character. My character has a triangle count of 40,000 which i feel from research and talking to character artist is a good amount for this project.


Ideally I would like to be good way into unwrapping now, so I need to pick up the pace next week, so that I can get onto texturing as soon as possible.