finished the guitar and making a start on the guitarist rig. This week marks the beginning of my polish stage. I'm fairly happy with my progress so far as I've manage to more or less stick to my planning.


I spent the first few days of this week texturing the guitar. I feel in doing this I have learnt a lot about substance painter and I feel a lot more confident in how it works now. I began by doing a first roughness pass using a dust brush i go over the whole model with a little opacity, this give it a little surface noise that light only faintly picks up. I then move into the large more noticeable roughness variations such as finger prints. I also made a wood layer under the whole guitar and then put a mask over it and worked my way around the guitar chipping little bits out of the mask, to make it look like the wood was coming through. 

Rigging the guitarist has been a bit of a pain, overall he fits average proportions, but the string on his shut were really difficult to look natural. In the end i found the pose that i wanted and then i re simulated the strings, i feel this would have been the only way to get really good results, and if this was in engine, it would have physics applied to it, so there would be no need in both cases.

I haven't pushed the guitarist textures to much but I feel I need to move on now, or I'll fall behind.