Started the weekend by working on one of the instruments as a little break/refresher of non Zbrush modelling. I really enjoyed just switching of my brain a bit a going back to the basics in max, I got a bunch of guitar ref and made orthographic, and then started working on modelling. This has given me more confidence in my max modelling skills as I was worried that I might have forgotten how to really get results this way, so this has been a very encouraging experience.

I wanted this to be fairly low poly as it's all eventually going into one marmoset scene which is going to be very intensive already. so I need to make sure everything will run.


texturing progress, kinda got the hologram leg bit figured out. I want it to read as the emissive shape are kind of peeling off to reveal the robot body underneath which I feel I'm starting to achieve but it still needs a lot of work.

another day of the texturing, just trying to really exaggerate the anime hologram vibe. My values are getting a little messy the face need to be to focal point, but we aren't quite getting that so far. I'm also working on the roughness values for all the clothing, I am finding this difficult because they are very similar materials and I am struggling to get them to read properly.
I now need to rig/pose the character and transfer the normals for the hair. Then I really need to move onto the next character as I don't want to fall behind.
also wireframe :P