This week I spent polishing the bassist, I began by modelling and texturing the bass guitar. My choose the recreate a guitar shown to me by my tutor 

The guitar fits the scifi tones that I wanted to come through in my characters.


I change a few things on it, in order to make in a bass guitar. and then I moved onto texturing it, I really like the white in the original reference so I decided to stick with that.


I terms of edits to the bassist himself, I received a lot of crit on my poly count thread, which was mostly to do with material variation.

some expecially helpful feedback was "What I would consider is make the materials more different from each other, maybe a worn leather jacket that doesn't shine as much as a slimey tongue, that way you can practice wider range of material production, and the final product will be much more interesting aswell! Also check as many photo references as you can, highlights can be really decieving, many materials are not defined by them, wood for example have basically no highlights or reflections to talk about, and you need to figure out other ways to make it feel like wood! Try and see how a leather jacket compares to frog skin (which also might be a good reference source for you ) and separate them accordingly!"

I find material variation to be one of the hardest things to get right so far, so this was really useful in helping me improve.
This is the current stage of this character, I did my best to apply what the feedback talked about.