This week I have been re texturing and overall tweaking the Lead singer. All the edits were mostly done in substance painter. I began by looking into what i felt was missing, having spoken to Rich Carey he said that every piece of clothing needs trim or folded over seams and the ends or it just doesn't look right. The bottom of my shirt didn't have any kind of trim which is why it looked kind of weird to me.


I pulled back the colour palette a bit, to just red white and blue. I also gave the character more trim around her shirt sleeves and bottom of her skirt. I also readjusted the roughness on the materials to try and make them look more varied, i still feel that material definition is an area that i really struggle with.


I also worked on refining the hologram textures on her skin. I made a tillable circuit board texture that goes all over her skin but is very subtle, and not instantly noticeable.
During this week I also made the holographic projector, that will be projecting the singer. I made this by following a tutorial on how to make hard surface models, as i don't have too much experience on this. The tutorial is called Hard surface Basic by Simon Fuchs and i found it very useful and really recommend it.


The main feature covered in his tutorial is how to apply complex geometry to another piece of geometry so that it wraps around it.

I then moved on to texturing the projector, and creating the holographic alphas. I textured the projector in substance, I wanted it to look very commercial and tacky like you could order it online or from a catalogue.